Punctuation 2 is intended to be a safe place for our community to spend a weekend talking about all things SF-related. While we are entirely online, we expect our members to be respectful, courteous toward others, and to adhere to our anti-harassment policy.
The below is from Punctuation 1 – we intend to update this over the next couple of months with some enhancements based on innovations by Reclamation 2022, amongst others.
We define harassment as including (but not limited to) the following:
- Uninvited attention.
- Deliberate intimidation and stalking.
- Offensive comments.
- These may be related to (but not exclusively related to) gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, and religion.
- Wearing offensive T-shirts or badges that are known to be offensive, or refusing to remove items that are pointed out to the wearer as offensive by the committee or a representative of the committee.
- Recording someone without their express permission (including taking screenshots of Discord or Zoom).
- Sustained disruption of online events or social spaces.
- Targeting with abusive comments.
The committee will remain the final arbiters of what is harassment.
We ask you to be sensitive to the fact that what you do not see as harassing behaviour, others may view as such. You could be asked to stop what you are doing, and if you are, you must do so immediately.
However harmless your initial intent (e.g. believing it was a mutually enjoyable joke), if you persist, then your intention is to harass.
If we receive a complaint, we will ask the harasser to stop. If they don’t, we will take further action. In the unlikely event that someone is asked to leave the convention because of a dispute, this will be done without refund of membership.
If you are being harassed, or you notice that someone else is being harassed, or you have any other concerns, please contact the committee on the convention Discord or by emailing the committee. If you wish to make a report, we will take details of the harassment and work with you to respond to the issue in a way that assists you in feeling safe and maintains the safety of the convention environment, as well as enforcing our anti-harassment policy.
This Code of Conduct applies equally to use of all interactions with the convention online, including but not limited to Discord, Facebook, Twitter, and Zoom.